Friday, June 7, 2013

Happy Settlers of Catan Friday

Earlier this week, my friends Sam, Chris, and I decided to spend the evening on Chris' glorious apartment building roof playing games and generally enjoying the sun still being up in the evening.

We carried our beers, cheddar and sour cream chips, and sunglasses up to the roof and settled in to a nice, always epic, friendship-ruining game of


I won't give you a play-by-play of the game.  Just know that Chris destroyed us (as he usually does).  Sam and Chris fought over the Largest Army card after essentially eliminating our brick supply for large portions of the game.  Chris and I fought over the Longest Road card, which I lost when he blocked me off at one end after Sam built 4 roads in one turn and looked like he would be more of a threat than he would be.

The best part of the game for me though was what happened after I posted a few pictures of us playing.  Based on the comments, it appears that Settlers is the glue that holds our world (or at least our generation) together.  I suspect it may be an important item for all people to keep handy in the face of the apocalypse, and may even be the key to world peace.

Happy Friday!

image from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment