Friday, June 21, 2013

Happy First Day of Summer Friday!

Today is the first day of summer.  According to the calendar that is.  Those of us who live in Oregon know that our summer doesn't really start for another 2-3 weeks.  But nevertheless, happy summer to you my Friday Friends!

Since moving to SE Portland in October, I have been in the process of turning my new house and backyard into a home-y-er version of what they were.

When I moved in, the walls of the house were a sad baby blue color with beige beige beige everywhere else.  This could not stand of course.  I have since painted everything in green, orange, and gunmetal gray.

Now, the real disaster was the backyard.  The house I bought had been vacant for about 4 months before I moved in and the people who left it seemed to have just left drip lines running after they moved out.  The yard had turned into a crazy Oregon-y jungle.

In my ideal world, my backyard would look something lovely like this:
image by Pascal Campion from here

In reality, I was faced with something more like this:
image from here

So, slowly but surely, I am working my way towards creating that little hammocked paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment