Friday, October 21, 2011

Happy Rex Manning Day Friday!

I am a lover of all things 90’s.  When plaid started coming back into style, I nearly passed out from excitement.  When Everclear (read: 1 of the original members) came to play in a small hole-in-the-wall bar in central Illinois during my senior year of college, I quite literally screamed after buying tickets.  When I feel like I really need to get into spreadsheet-level focus mode, I usually put on some loud grunge music.

When my friends and I discovered the glory that is Empire Records (on VHS), rented it, and watched it in the basement, we fell in love.


So we made an official tradition.  Rex Manning Day.  Every year on October 20th (the date the movie was released), I still watch Empire Records, watch this, and remind myself not to dwell, not on Rex Manning Day!





*images from here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment