Friday, March 30, 2012

Sing-a-Long Friday

Today, my Friday Friends, I’d like to do some advocating.  I am advocating for Sing-alongs.
We live in a weird city (thank goodness).
Between Cinema 21 and the Hollywood Theatre, there are just about 10 million sing-alongs throughout the year.  You know,10 million-ish.
Last year, I went to a Mary Poppins sing-along.  Last weekend, I attended a Hedwig and the Angry Inch sing-along.  For my birthday last year, I went to a Rocky Horror Picture Show “sing-along.”
I’d never claim to be a good singer.  But two things I am good at is dressing up in silly costumes and “singing” really loudly without feeling embarrassed.

This is one of the big reasons I love living in Portland.  The fact that I own a pair of sequined heels essentially for sing-along type events is mostly normal here (again, ish), and for this I am grateful.

I recommend attending a sing-along at least once in the coming months.  More tend to be scheduled as we get closer to summer, but the wait is worth it.  And if you ever need a “singing” buddy, you know where to find me.

Image from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment