Friday, February 10, 2012

Happy (pre) Valentine's Day Friday

Hello Friday-ers!
Do you remember those silly/sad valentines that you would buy in a box to hand out to all of your classmates in grade school?  The ones you’d tape to boxes of chalky conversation hearts or pieces of off brand chocolates?  I remember having to give one to every kid in class, even the weird kid and the boy who threw rocks.  They got the ugliest valentines from the box though.

I don’t know about you all, but I spent one year trying to make my valentines by hand.  And when I say “by hand,” I mean glue-sticking ugly doilies to red and pink paper, then coloring them in.  Don’t ask me why I had doilies.  I’m sure they belonged to my mother.
Sadly, these were not a hit, nor were they worth the time I spent on them, so from that point on, my classmates got valentines that were mostly Disney or Batman themed.

Happy Valentine’s Day my Friday Friends, from the bottom of my secretly 8 year old heart.



Images from here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment