Friday, November 18, 2011

The Winter Blues Friday

I am feeling it this week my Friday friends!  I don’t know about you, but this is the time of year when I feel like wearing sweatpants, getting the fire going in the fireplace, and drinking an unnecessary amount of apple cider and/or hot chocolate.
I was born in the Chicago suburbs where the middle of Autumn meant stinging cold wind and lots of layers, but still a bright sun in the sky.
Here in Portland, with approximately 155 days of rain per year, it seems I am more likely to end up with Vitamin D blah-ness than I ever was while living in the Midwest.  Incidentally, SAD is a real thing, both cruelly and awesomely named.


So for those of us who are feeling SAD lately (as in sad-face, as well as Seasonal Affective Disorder-face), here are a few images to cheer you up a bit.
Happy Break Out of the Winter Blues Friday!


Images from here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment