Friday, April 13, 2012

Happy Titanic Friday


In April of 1997 I was 13 years old and, just like every other girl I knew, I was in love with the movie Titanic.  I can tell you with certainty, I saw it at least 6 times at our local theater.  Which means 3 things:

1) I somehow convinced someone’s parent to drive me to the theater 6 different times to see it (probably with my friend, Emma, who saw it 9 times)
2) I spent $27 on movie tickets ($4.50 X 6 = $27)
3) Clearly I knew the value of my allowance dollars.

In 2012, 3D movies cost $14 (if you’re luck)
X 6 showings (I’m not going 6 times, if I’ve learned anything in the last 15 years, it’s the value of my allowance dollars)
= $84!!!
Can you imagine?


I went to see Titanic in 3D last night after work.

And it was JUST AS EPIC AND AMAZING as I remember it being when it debuted in 1997.
Go.  Enjoy.  And know that my heart will go on.

Image from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment